Terms & Conditions
A. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Real Estate Foresight Limited. Your access to and use of all content on this website, including the published reports and other documents distributed on the website and through other channels, is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to amend this notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
2. You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
3. If you confirm any purchase on the website, you agree to pay for our services as set out on our website.
4. We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
Our Website Services
5. Our services are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
6. All prices are in United States Dollars (USD). Our price information can be obtained by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time.
7. When you visit our website, we give you a limited license to access and use our information for personal use.
8. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
9. Except as permitted under the Copyright Ordinance, you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
10. The license to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The license also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatagging or mirroring of our website.
11. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
12. Linking our website is not permitted unless explicitly agreed. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking without prior agreement.
Intellectual Property Rights
13. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a license to use those materials.
14. All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a license to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
15. Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
16. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
17. The information we provide on this website is of a general nature only. We are not providing professional or legal advice and you should obtain professional or specialist advice that is appropriate to your circumstances and we give no warranty and accept no liability should you use the information without obtaining independent advice. PLEASE ALSO NOTE our Disclaimer & Disclosure accessible from the home page.
18. We take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
19. From time to time we may host third party content on our website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owner of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
20. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE WEBSITE AND OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO THE SUBSCRIBER ON AN “AS IS” AND AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR AS TO ANY RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
Limitation of Liability
21.THE COMPANY, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR AGENTS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR THE INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE, FOR DELAYS IN PROVIDING THE INFORMATION, OR FOR OMISSIONS THEREIN. THE SUBSCRIBER AGREES THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THE SERVICE IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO CONSTITUTE ADVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE COMPANY, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE. THE COMPANY, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR AGENTS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AGGREGATE DOLLAR AMOUNT PAID FOR THE CURRENT YEAR OF SERVICE.
22. By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
23. These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in Hong Kong and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
24. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
25. We undertake to take all due care with any information including Comments which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
Qualified users only
27. The China Forecast service is intended for qualified users and subscribers only.
Company-based subscription and user access
28. China Forecast service is available on an annual, quarterly or monthly subscription basis, ASSIGNED TO A SUBSCRIBING COMPANY, with up to 30 individual internal users within the same company covered by one subscription, unless agreed otherwise. Note that individual users from subscribing company must use in the registration process only the emails with company’s domain name and provide true and accurate information, in order to be granted access to the service. We reserve the right to refuse to grant access or to remove it if these rules are not followed. The individual arranging for the subscription or otherwise a person specifically named for the purpose, will be the prime point of contact for us and will have authority to assign access rights for the others within the same firm.
29. IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED TO DISTRIBUTE (OR MAKE OTHERWISE AVAILABLE) DOCUMENTS OR INFORMATION FROM CHINA FORECAST SERVICE TO ANY OTHER PARTY OTHER THAN INTERNALLY WITHIN THE SUBSCRIBING COMPANY AND WITHIN AGREED USER LIMITS AND FORMS OF USE. Please contact us in advance to further clarify the scope of the above limits.
Activating the service upon purchase
30. The service is activated normally within 24 hours from the moment we receive the payment, either via bank transfer or payment completed online.
Payment, subscription period, renewals, transfers and cancellations
31.The payment details and specification of what level of service is included and over what period are all presented on the invoice. Payment is upfront for the relevant period. There are NO REFUNDS. To cancel, a 3-month notice is required for monthly payments. Subscription renews automatically. Subscription is NOT TRANSFERABLE.
Form of access
32.Subscribers to China Forecast service gain access to a set of documents (available only to subscribers) sent by email directly to clients or arranged in otherwise mutually convenient way, as well as this website. We may send notifications, links, documents and announcements also by email.
Product/service details information, provision of ‘Extras’ to subscribers
33. Pricing and details of what is included in the current offering of China Forecast service are subject to change. Pricing information is available on request. The agreed level of service and specification of what is included in a given contract will be presented on the invoice.
34. Note that while we take utmost care to deliver the third-party ‘Extras’, availability of these is subject to contributions by the third parties and we cannot guarantee these.
Purchase of individual reports
35. SINGLE DOCUMENT PURCHASE. To a limited degree, we may allow purchase of some of the individual reports directly online. In such cases, the purchased document / report is for an individual use only and ANY FURTHER SHARING OR DISTRIBUTION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Note that the ‘Extras’ as defined in the product information, ARE ONLY AVAILABLE ON COMPANY-SUBSCRIPTION BASIS.
This web site is owned and operated by Real Estate Foresight Limited and will be referred to
you may supply to us through your conduct on the web site or through other channels.
Real Estate Foresight Limited is a company registered and based in Hong Kong SAR.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify or remove portions of this Privacy
conditions applicable to the web site. We do not make any representations about third party
web sites that may be linked to the web site.
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors
to our web site, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual
personal information, obtained through the web site, will be dealt with. We review
1. Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and
voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide
you with our services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our
intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in
any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Hong Kong and, where applicable, with the EU’s GDPR rules.
The main purposes for which personal data is kept and used by us include:
– provision of services or information, briefings
– communication by email about our briefings, services, publications, invitations and such like as you may select, request or as we may consider to be relevant to you
– measurement of specific campaigns and for general market research
Use of Information
2. Personal information that visitors submit to our site is used only for the purpose for
which it is submitted or for such other secondary purposes that are related to the
time of collection. Copies of correspondence sent from the web site, that may contain
personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes
Collecting information on Registered members
3. As part of you registering with us, we may collect personal information about you in order to provide you with the relevant services or information and for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to
provide additional information to us as detailed below.
We may retain the personal data for as long as the data may be still required for the purposes mentioned above.
Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting basic details such as your name, job title, company name, email address, address, telephone numbers, an option on receiving updates and promotional material, a record of our contact with you and your areas of interest such as markets, events, publications, and other information.
Credit Card Details
5. Credit Card details are only stored for the processing of payment and will be deleted
once payment is processed.
6. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose
for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations
where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring
legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or
unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed
by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in
good faith that the law requires disclosure.
7. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In
that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in
order to meet your request for goods or services.
8. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information
submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of
current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be
guaranteed to be totally secure.
9. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal
information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we
do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security
on our systems.
10. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our
information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal
information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising
from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information for Users
11. IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or
support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and
cannot be traced to an individual user.
12. Cookies and Applets
increase your security by storing your session ID and are a way of monitoring single
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in
analysing the usage of the site.
Access to Information
13. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which
we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time,
you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have
the information corrected.
14. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our
information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal
information held by us.
15. Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right:
– to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
– to require us to correct inaccurate data
– to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal held by us.
If you are in an EU Member State, subject to certain limitation and/or restrictions, you have the right under the data protection laws in the EU:
– to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data
– to obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of your personal data
– to the right to data portability
Please contact email@example.com for any requests relating to access and correction of your personal data.
Individuals in the EU also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data with their local data protection authority.
Links to other sites
16. We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web
sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility
for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal
information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions
of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
17. If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems with our web sites, we will
take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns. If you have any further
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org